This past week, CTM covered the following issues:
- Xi's meetings with EU leaders and Premier Li's comments on trade and investment policy for 2022; a business survey about operating in China; a review of China's trade policy in 2021; and a China-led development bank pausing lending to Russia and Belarus.
- Hong Kong applied to join the RCEP and Taiwan expressed its desire to be part of the Indo Pacific Economic Framework.
- New U.S. legislation on China's intellectual property practice; a speech by a U.S. politician; an executive branch review of the Section 301 tariffs; and a CFIUS review of a Chinese investment.
- Composition of a WTO panel examining Chinese anti-dumping measures.
- Two moves in Norway and the United States related to labor rights.