This past week, CTM covered the following issues:
- Chinese political leaders speaking about China-U.S. economic relations; a draft Chinese regulation on internet protection for minors; and a recent Chinese regulation in the area of intellectual property.
- Congressional funding of new U.S. legislation that addresses imports made with forced labor, and discussion of China issues related to Indo Pacific trade; and government agencies taking actions affecting China in the areas of stock market listings, telecoms licenses, and imports of Chinese products made with forced labor.
- European Parliament discussions of the Anti-Coercion Instrument as it relates to China; UK discussions of solar imports from China; and European Commission rulings on Chinese AD/CVDs.
- A New Zealand sanctions law related to Russia that could have an impact on China.
- A panel discussion of China's difficulties navigating the Russia sanctions.
- A U.S. software company deciding not to provide services to Chinese drone maker DJI.