This past week, CTM covered the following issues:
- Chinese regulatory developments related to the BRI, market access, and semiconductor taxes; an IP court report on anti-trust cases; and trade cooperation with Thailand and Mauritius.
- U.S. Congressional hearings on trade policy related to China, a push for Taiwan to be in the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework, criticism of telecom company ZTE, AD/CVD developments, and regulatory actions in the telecoms and financial markets.
- A European anti-dumping measure on Chinese calcium silicon imports.
- A call to "cancel" the China-Australia FTA.
- The audit of Chinese-owned UK steel companies that is required as part of the U.S.-UK Section 232 tariff agreement.