This past week, CTM covered the following issues:
- China's announcement of policy measures to stabilize domestic supply chains and create a unified domestic market; updates on trade remedy measures, tariffs, and March trade data; a data leakage case related to a high-speed rail operation; and the issuance of "typical cases" related to the development of the BRI.
- A U.S. government report on China's economic coercion against several U.S. companies, and a U.S. government hearing on "Challenging China’s Trade Practices."
- WTO meetings that discussed various Chinese trade measures, including anti-suit injunctions.
- Think tank/academic papers and events that discussed U.S-China economic relations, China's general presence in Africa, and China's role in lending to Africa and "debt-trap diplomacy."
- An EU business association's recommendations to improve the business environment and development in the southwest region of China.