This past week, CTM covered the following issues:
- Passage of China's first Futures and Derivatives Law, a new Chinese anti-dumping review, a government report on intellectual property protection and business environment, and a report from an American business association on China's data/cybersecurity regulatory regime.
- A U.S. anti-dumping / countervailing duty decision, the SEC identifying Chinese companies for possible delisting, a USTR report on IP protection, statements by Biden administration officials on U.S.-China relations, and members of Congress pressing the UK to stop a Chinese purchase of a UK semiconductor company.
- A new UK anti-dumping / countervailing duty investigation on fibre optic cables from China.
- EU approval of a Lithuanian plan to subsidize companies affected by China's discriminatory trade restrictions on Lithuania.
- Comments from the World Bank president on Chinese lending practices, and a discussion at the WTO about Chinese industrial subsidies, overcapacity, and transparency.