This past week, CTM covered the following issues:
- A speech by the Chinese premier about stabilizing the economy, trade talks with Switzerland and Pacific Island countries, and two Chinese Customs announcements.
- Taiwan's efforts to stop talent leaving for the mainland, and Taiwanese trade talks with the EU and the U.S.
- The impact of Australian elections on Australia-China trade relations.
- The Philippines' official protest against a Chinese fishing ban.
- A speech by the U.S. Secretary of State on U.S-China relations, Congressional concern about the BRI, criminal charges related to software sales to China, and several short papers on China trade issues by U.S. government entities.
- Discussions in Germany about screening of outbound investments to China.
- Chinese exports of electric vehicles to Europe and the possibility of trade remedy cases.
- Discussions at the WTO of China's cybersecurity measures.