This past week, CTM covered the following issues:
- China's new Anti-Monopoly Law and Government Procurement Law
- Allowing fruit imports from Ecuador and Vietnam, and lowering tariffs for Afghanistan
- Suspending some trade with Taiwan in response to Nancy Pelosi's visit
In the U.S.:
- Republican Senators' criticisms of stock trading platforms with links to China, and proposed legislation on prohibiting CCP purchases of U.S. land and on sanctions related to oil
- A notice that identifies specific entities pursuant to the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act
- The CFIUS annual report, as well as individual CFIUS reviews of specific foreign investments (one of which is being reviewed in the UK as well)
Rest of the world:
- Meetings and trips involving Taiwan and various CPTPP countries related to Taiwan's CPTPP accession application.
- Two recent WTO meetings discussing a number of issues related to China trade.