This past week, CTM covered the following issues.
- Trade discussions with South Korea;
- Lower tariffs on imports from LDCs, and exports of pears to Ecuador;
- China's concerns about the U.S. CHIPS Act.
In the U.S.:
- Charges against a Chinese tech company for violating Iran sanctions;
- A Congressional hearing on Chinese coercion, some Senators' concerns about YMTC, and one senator's push to keep U.S. retirement savings out of China.
Other parts of the world:
- Chinese company BYD's new SUV sales in Australia.