This past week, CTM covered the following issues.
- New rules on internet pop-ups and a proposal for harsher penalties for violations of network security.
- Authorization of imports of soy protein from Brazil.
- A new study of Chinese loan forgiveness.
In the U.S.:
- A general review of UFLPA implementation, and concerns about imports of red dates.
- Congressional pressure related to an audit agreement, solar panel purchases, Huawei products in cell towers, and Apple using YMTC chips.
- A Congressional hearing on U.S.-Taiwan trade.
- U.S. Trade Rep. Tai and a Biden administration NSC official talking about China trade and investment issues.
In the rest of the world:
- A Lithuania-Taiwan meeting on trade cooperation.
- Review under the USMCA of illegal Mexic0-China trade in endangered fish.
- A European Commission report shows a slight decrease in Chinese investment.
This post is for subscribers onlySubscribe now
Already have an account? Sign in