This past week, CTM covered the following issues.
- High level official exchanges with the United States, Pakistan and Vietnam
- Allowing imports of aquatic imports from Nicaragua and plant imports from Laos
- Decisions on trade remedies for imports from India, South Korea, Thailand, and Malaysia
- 2022 version of the Catalog of Encouraged Industries for Foreign Investment issued
In the United States:
- Congressman pushes Biden administration on its implementation of export controls for semiconductors and supercomputers.
- Administration officials discuss Chinese scanning equipment being used at the Mexico-U.S. border and the recent decision related to export controls on China
- USTR posts advance version of questions for Section 301 review
- Think tank report on federal and state procurement of tech equipment
In the rest of the world:
- EU anti-dumping decisions on Chinese imports
- Canada ordered divestiture of investments by three Chinese companies in Canadian critical mineral companies
- At WTO meetings, China raised concerns about recent U.S. legislation involving industrial subsidies, and expressed concerns about overuse of safeguard measures